Family Roots was formed in July 1986 with the adoption of our constitution.
Our aim is to
- promote and encourage the public study of family history and genealogy with particular reference to persons living in or associated with the Eastbourne area and the preservation,
- security and accessibility of archival material.
- The society is very active with membership consistently being in excess of 180.
- Our monthly meetings regularly attract 60 – 80 members.
- Family Roots is for all those who want to trace their family, whether living locally, in any other part of the UK, or even the wider world.
- Our Society is very active and offers a warm and friendly welcome to new members.
Amongst the many activities we offer members,
- a quarterly magazine,
- a comprehensive library,
- a well stocked bookstall,
- monthly speakers and
- involvement in current projects.